App Apes Verdict
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Gameplay - 10/1010/10
- Replay Value - 8/108/10
Puzzle enthusiasts can satisfy their craving for fun with Candy Crush Saga, an experience as full as the term Saga implies.
Candy Crush Saga eases players in slowly, taking several levels to instruct on the features of the game, leading to a smooth gaming experience, and thus avoids ever feeling cluttered or overwhelming. The game also gives hints throughout when the player appears stumped, with pulsing candy serving as an indicator of a possible move. Furthermore, Candy Crush Saga utilizes a set number of moves versus a stressful timer, meaning that players can take their time and play moves out, allowing for the use of strategy. With the arsenal of possible moves, such as 3+ in a row, T shapes, and other special candy pieces, the game play is diverse and never dull. A great soundtrack and well-woven sound effects really do add to the experience and never distract. To top all this off, the Candy Crush Saga game board component for level selection adds a competitive aspect to the game, in which players can compete against friends adding a lot to both game play and replay value.
Stylized graphics, including cardboard cutout like guides, realistic, crunchable interactive buttons, and delectable looking sweets set Candy Crush Saga on the highest tier of mobile game apps in terms of graphics, just as the game play does for its respective category. For matching puzzle games, Candy Crush Saga sits with the best of them.
- Tasty candy graphics that will leave you hungry for more
- Unwrap delicious environments and meet the sweetest characters
- Helpful magical boosters to help with challenging levels
- Complete adventurous levels and unlock treats
- Easy and fun to play, challenging to master
- Hundreds of sweet levels in the Candy Kingdom – more added every 2 weeks!
- Leaderboards to watch your friends and competitors!
- Easily sync the game between devices and unlock full game features when connected to the Internet